June 7, 2020
In Support of Our Restaurant and Retail Partners,
Ring Bros. Wholesale will remain open and will continue daily delivery and support to our retail partners and our restaurant partners who are offering grab-and-go or delivery. Both are vital resources to our Cape Cod community in this time of crisis.
The U.S. food supply remains strong and we are able to source most of the products in our catalog. If you have questions about availability, or if we can support you further, please reach out to us at 508-394-5022.
- The egg market remained flat.
- The butter market is lower Food service is still quiet which is keeping the market in check.
- Both the block and barrel cheese markets dropped significantly with good movement at the exchange.
- The California cantaloupe market is firm with good supplies and excellent quality.
- California honeydew are also in peak season; we are carrying King of the West brand 6ct.
- Strawberries harvest volumes are dropping in California. We expect strawberry pricing to increase.
- Raspberries and blackberries are n steady supply. Pricing should ease slightly on both, volumes are expected to improve as we get farther into August.
- Blueberries are in excellent supply and are promotable at this time. Peruvian imports will remain steady over the next couple weeks; pricing will be steady even after the Pacific Northwest harvest comes to an end.
- Mangoes from Mexico are steady. Pricing is inching up as volumes from Mexico decrease. Fruit availability will be weighted to bigger sizing in the coming weeks.
- Pomegranates from Chile are available. Expect domestic fruit to start within the next few weeks.
- California grapes continue in peak season! We have a full offering of premium green and red extra-large grapes.
- Seedless watermelon prices will come off some more this week as states in our region continue to produce excellent yields and great quality.
- Yellow peach harvests are lighter than usual from New Jersey and Pennsylvania due to weather; demand is very strong and prices are high.
- Green bell peppers remain promotable. All the local regions are harvesting great quality and great numbers.
- 11lb red, orange, and yellow bell pepper prices are all higher.
- Super select cucumbers are steady. Quality is outstanding from PA, NJ, and NY.
- Grape tomatoes will be very promotable this week out of PA and VA. Local harvests are now in peak season. Quality is excellent.
- Eggplant will be promotable out of NJ. Flaim Farms, out of Vineland NJ, is coming into peak season and quality is expected to be excellent.
- Local sweet corn is very promotable. All local farms are harvesting good volumes and excellent quality.
- Asparagus prices may spike in the near future. Harvests in Peru and Mexico will soon slow..
- Quality on broccoli crowns has been coming in very nice from California.
- Cauliflower is fairly promotable out of California.
- Euro seedless cucumber prices are ticking up out of Canada. Supplies are tighter.
- Black mission fresh figs are expected to be very nice quality!